Thank you, again, for your commitment in bringing the children to school this morning and for your cooperation in collecting the children this afternoon. We are continuing to keep a watchful eye on the weather forecasts in planning for tomorrow. Looking at many and varied weather forecasts the outlook for the next 24 hours appears to be for no significant snow over-night or tomorrow morning but with the risk of some heavier snow late tomorrow afternoon. On this basis, and as things stand at the time of writing (4.30 p.m. 01/03/18), the plan is to open the school as usual in the morning. Should the weather deteriorate over-night we will communicate a school closure notice by 7.00 a.m. tomorrow morning. Please look out for updates on all school communication channels – the School App, SIMS parent App, the School website, Facebook, Twitter or ring the school telephone number.
Arrangements for Friday, 2nd March 2018:
· Given that it may take staff slightly longer than usual to get to school, please only use Early Morning Care if absolutely essential
· ALL early morning lessons (8.00 – 9.00) have been cancelled.
· The World Book Day dressing up day has been postponed. We hope to rearrange a date as soon as possible.
· We plan to have assemblies as usual for Prep and Pre-Prep. Any Prep child who is due a Merit badge will receive it next Friday, if they are not able to make it in tomorrow. Likewise, any Pre-Prep child due a birthday candle can have this next week if they are not able to be in.
· Open Days on Friday, 2nd and Saturday 3rd March have been cancelled.
· Lunch-time music lessons are scheduled as usual.
· ALL after school clubs are cancelled. There will be staff in school until 4.45 p.m. but please collect your children if you can by 3.30 p.m.
· If you are worried about the weather and you wish to collect your child earlier than 3.30 p.m. then please do. You may collect at any time but by 11.55 a.m. for Nursery – Form 1 and by 12.25 p.m. for Form 2 – Form 6 and after 1.30 p.m. thereafter would be helpful (siblings to be collected at the same time)
· Reading parents – please do not feel that you need to come in today
Once again, many thanks for your support and cooperation. Please only travel to school if you consider it safe to do so. I am sure that you will join with me in thanking the staff for their commitment in ensuring that the children have been able to come to school this week during some quite unprecedented weather conditions. Let’s all hope for better weather next week!
With best wishes
S.J. Tompkins, Head